What’s it all about?
It’s a classroom unlike any other you’ve ever been in. A space filled with the latest design software, advanced materials and cutting-edge equipment. It’s a place that’s buzzing with project-based assignments, like programming robotics and analyzing DNA samples. Where facts and figures are turned into ingenuity and inventiveness.
With this program, we want to give you a competitive advantage to get into the college of your choice and know what you want for your career, your future and the future of our community.
From energy and the environment, to housing and healthcare, to transportation and technology—we want to provide you with the best education and internship opportunities in order for you to change the world we know for the better.
What exactly will I be doing?
- Learn to work in an engineering environment utilizing work groups, product development methods, brainstorming techniques to develop a final product
- The proper use of an engineering notebook
- Sketching techniques
- How to develop and properly dimension orthographic views of an object
- Proper use of precision measuring instruments
- Statistical analysis of design information
- Develop skill in utilizing the Inventor 3D Computer Aided Drafting program
- Study of the physical properties of material used in engineering
- Use of Reverse Engineering
- Proper Engineering Documentations
- Engineering ethics and the consequences